Monday, November 16, 2009

A trade

This time - I'm not typing on the PC. I'm just feeling around the keyboard right now for the first time. What a quick change. Sometimes i'm think I'm crazy for doing this, but the benefit for it was almost effortless, and that is why any trade for that matter should be so. Every attachment must be left as a spirit is to its body in death, and everything must change. I'm imagine falling into the bermuda triangle and supposably appearing in a parallel reality would be alike.

Let me explain. Two weeks ago, an offer was made for a new computer from my great friend Austin so I could be supported with a computer that could keep up with my large working files. This was a Dell Inspiron 1545. I had the Macbook model two generations prior to the current one i hold. Excellent little thing. I instantly took to the idea of selling the old model to Becky - my sis-in-law who took to the benefit of a stable lappy mac. I cleaned all the data off - and put it onto my external which was then transfered onto my PC. My friend Jon from Kingston came from Kingston and took to the likeness of the Dell, and offered a trade. I laughed initially as Mary would have when presented the idea of bringing a saviour into the world. Then, realizing Jon was serious, I weighed out the changes. Jon would get a tablet and pc - great for his minor eye changes as he needs glasses now. I think the screen was 15 or 16 inches. This would support his graphic needs for creative direction with the sensitive tablet. I also would be sufficiently supported with a great mac 1 generation newer then the prior. And the change would be over switching to a PC. Jon works on a PC all day so he knows the changes. The Mac would provide a steady OS familiar and well sufficient for my graphic work - which was the original intention of switching to a new computer. Amazing.

It was only the second week of having the new computer - not enough time to weed my files into it. If timing was not more perfect... and I'm loving it. Trades should always be this easy - everyone benefits. The only way they don't is when the flow of love stops, or is rejected for fear of deceit.