Friday, October 2, 2009

Desire and Discontent

Of all putrid weeds - this combination infects the worst. Although surfaced and easy to flesh out its roots, its quick to spread as easily as influenza. Our immunities are practically built of the same ilk is spawns - more. Excess of everything.

Lets me explain further. Everyone has heard the term "everything in moderation" and the rebels would also add to that line " - even moderation". True enough, but I hope to bring a new light to this overlooked statement.

My perspective might not be as enlightening as a sage kept on a mountain, but perhaps it is more dirty since I'm down selling the stuff I sometimes hate. I work at Staples and Home Outfitters. Enlightening. I've been workings long enough to have a sense of comfort in my roles. I can stay up late and have a limited understanding of where I'm and where I'm going :). Comfort is said to be the devils tool. Often work becomes redundant and repetitive, and I find reasons to amuse myself the reasons why I do what I do. I can find many reasons to be discontent, from wages to workload and so on, so forth. My bent back is hurting for the sake of materialistic reasons, all of which is exploited for excusably commercial reasons. Bearing down to the answers more and more everyday, I find I will be discontent with any position I find working in. Even the things I used to enjoy have been corrupted from other insecurities, such as productivity or financial reasons. Life's joys will all be but taken away slowly as a birch loses it bark, but willingly. Yet again I grow more skin out of the necessity; clothing to my naked nature, yet I still curse its sobriety as I long for freedom without.

This is all not possible. That is - longing for death when life is yet present. The only way to escape is by pressing aside the matters at hand and going forth into the unknown of a calm and rested mind to restore knowledge once forgot, and place the priorities in sequence all over again - which once again presses us back to life. Waking up morning after morning; imagine waking up happy and rejuvenated about the open field of possibilities, the field of consciousness. A field of choices. I only know one girl who is a morning person, and I long for the day when I will see the morning light like her.

Let me clarify on desire. My note on manifestation should clean up part of it, but I feel there is so much more to understand. To be frank, I would say that all desire is unneeded. Why? Its plugging you up. I will clarify terms; what I mean by desire is a longing for something to be attained, subjective or objective. Why? Because I am one to believe that it takes time and effort to acquire it. Time draws it out as long as you keep focusing on it, for your see it apart from yourself. This draws out your patience to the longest lengths as it breeds a sense of "dis-connectiveness" or discontentment. You say now - I can wait forever, but what if it never came? Of course it will come you say, but that it not certain. Wishful thinking never did anything for you other then waiting and wanting. If that were so, you will not be "complete" without it, because why then would you be wanting it in the first place? This is what I mean by desire having no beneficial qualities other then wanting and waiting which later leads of inevitable discontentment, pain and sorrow.

Here is the alternative. If manifestation was not a matter of desire, but rather a process of observing, the puzzle would come together naturally and fluently as were fate. Think about it. You would naturally flux into the role you were born to be, not trying to be something but simply being. It would not even feel as if effort were a matter of pressure, but effortless movement as all things in creation do the same. This would not make you a piece of brainless cake or mindless zombie, but an air, ether, leaf, particle or natural being; a piece in a greater connected universe of which we all play a part in. Death and and life are one and the same, for we come to an acceptance of the waning of moon or the turning of the seasons. It is our place, our home, our peace and serenity. Our bliss in eternal consciousness.